Are you ready to shape the future of health?
At HELLO INSIDE we are committed to creating a healthier and happier future for people and communities through the power of science-based self-care to support the liberation from what's unknowingly harming us through nutrition.
What are we building?
We are building a cross-platform app to enable users to learn about their blood sugar level and how it impacts their personal health. We are utilizing a next-generation bio-wearable, a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM), to read and visualize glucose 24/7 and correlate the data with lifestyle data such as food consumptions, physical activities, sleep, meditation, and more. Based on those new insights, we are uniquely equipped to recommend personalized food and other lifestyle changes. By bringing a medical-grade bio-wearable into the lifestyle category, we are unlocking the next generation of habit-forming products.
- Full-Time iOS Developer
- Full-Time Android Developer
- Full-Time Flutter Developer
Which skills do we need?
We are hiring a Full-Time Mobile Developer who will have an essential role in building our MVP and helping us scale the product. You should have senior-level experience in building mobile apps for iOS and/or Android in Swift, Obj-C, Kotlin, Java or preferably Dart/Flutter.
- You have 3+ years mobile app development experience (iOS, Android or Flutter)
- You are able to move projects forward with (sometimes) little direction
- You have clear writing skills in English
- You have worked in startups before
- You are excited about nutrition, health and sports
- You understand the concept of metabolic health
- You bring interest or even experience with Machine Learning concepts
Why you will enjoy working with us
- You are working on a new innovative product
- You will learn from the experience of the founders
- You can work from wherever you want
- You will be able to use the first prototypes
- You shape and influence the product from early on
- You are coding with modern technologies
- You get to know people from around the world with different skills
- You will have lots of fun with the team
- You will face many exciting technical challenges
As a senior mobile developer in the team, you will be responsible for:
- Building a rock-solid product our users love
- Taking ownership of tasks and make sure things get done
- Help planning our short and long term feature roadmap
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends
- Help other team members with your technical expertise
- Proactively getting involved in improving our processes
How to apply?
Startup life is sometimes chaotic but extremely rewarding. If you are up for this challenge and got excited to work with us, please get in touch by applying via the form below. Our salary range starts at EUR 51,800 gross per year. Your actual offer depends on your skillset and experience.
Wanna know more?
Our app is based on science!
In 2015 a research team from the Weizmann Institute of Science publicized the white-paper Personalized Nutrition by Prediction of Glycemic Responses which has radically changed how the science world would think about blood glucose in connection to nutrition in healthy people. We are happy to have one of the leading researchers, Eran Elinav, on our advisory board.
Our Tech Stack
We try hard to make our developers happy by using the latest high-quality technologies. Please always feel free to come up with ideas for improvement.
Flutter, GraphQL, sqlite, NFC, BLE (some native components Java/Kotlin and Swift)
Backend Strapi - Open source Node.js Headless CMS, PostgreSQL, AWS, ECS/Fargate, Terraform
Visual Studio Code, Android Studio, Gitlab CI/CD, Codemagic - CI/CD for Android, iOS, Flutter and React Native projects
Slack, JIRA, Confluence, Google Meet, Google Drive
Sentry, AWS CloudWatch, Firebase Analytics
How do we work?
Attitude over Skills
If this topic is exactly what you are looking for, but you feel like you are missing some technical skills, please don’t hesitate to get in touch anyway and see if we find a way to work together. We believe that if you are super excited about the project, you will build skills quickly.
The founders are based in Vienna (AT) and Linz (AT). Our main office is Slack, Jira, Confluence, and Google Drive. That said we also highly value spending time together and building the company culture through on-site time. We meet once a week @Tribe.Space .
Test-Driven Development + Code Reviews + Continuous Deployment
We are moving quickly creating features based on assumptions that need to be validated by real customers. We want unit tests to be the default and we try to keep the quality of the source code as high as possible doing code reviews. We use Gitlab CI/CD and Codemagic to test and deploy apps to our backend as well as Google Play and Apple App Store.
We are never telling you what to do in detail. That’s up to you. As a development team, we are helping each other out and find the best solution. We are defining goals together and every individual does his/her best to reach them.
More Documentation + Less meetings
For a remote-first company, the written word is essential. We are using code comments, READMEs and Confluence to keep the whole team informed. Also, we are keeping meetings at a minimum. If you feel like you are wasting time in a meeting, please feel free to say so and switch to more productive things.
You break it, you own it
We all make mistakes and probably even more so in early-stage startups. We are working in a “blame-free zone”. If you made a mistake we are expecting you to fix it again, including the whole team if necessary.