Last updated: July 8, 2021
FIRST OF ALL: WHAT ARE COOKIES?
For this section, we conveniently use “cookies” as an umbrella term for techniques such as cookies, Flash cookies and web beacons.
SECONDLY: WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT COOKIE TYPES WE USE?
There are different types of cookies with different uses (see more details below). Some are there just to allow you to browse the Website and see certain features. Some give us insights on your browsing experience, i.e. when you have trouble finding what you are looking for, so we can improve and make your future visits as pleasant as possible. Then there are cookies that are there for advertising-related purposes while visiting our Website and your future visits to other websites.
FIRST & THIRD PARTY COOKIES:
Cookies set by Hello Inside are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than us are called “third party cookies” which allow such parties to collect information about you when you use our Website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information, or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For an up-to-date list of third party cookies we use, including their purpose and opt-out possibilities.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES:
Below you can see an overview of the types of cookies we are using and why:
are essential and help you navigate, move around on the website and see certain features. These cookies are necessary to enable core site functionality, such as logging in to your account. No consent is necessary for the use of required cookies.
FUNCTIONALITY AND ANALYTICS COOKIES
are used for performance measurements and analytics to improve our Website and to show you relevant content. To manage this, we collect browsing data to understand how you interact with our Website. These cookies may be placed by us or a third party on our behalf.
ADVERTISING AND SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
- assist our marketing efforts. These cookies enable us to share data, such as what you like, with our advertisers, so the advertisements you see will be more relevant to your preferences (sometimes referred to as “targeting cookies”).
- help us understand the behavior of our visitors. This enables us to keep improving our services, so using them becomes easier and more pleasant, and to improve our marketing messages (sometimes referred to as “performance cookies”).
- enable you to express yourself on social media. These cookies will enable you to share your activities and content (such as blog posts) on social media, connect with us on our social media channels and to share your opinions with others (sometimes referred to as “interaction cookies”).
WHAT IF YOU DON’T LIKE COOKIES?
You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent certain cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device. However, in this case, we cannot guarantee you the use of the complete range of functions in the Products. The ’Help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings. Find out how this works for your browser here:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Adobe (Flash cookies): http://www.adobe.com/privacy/policies/flash-player.html
Note that you can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ to learn more about the options for opting out of certain ad targeting activities offered by some of the third parties we work with. You will need to visit those websites from each browser and device that you would like to be covered by your opt-out. Because the opt-out tools can depend on cookies, you may need to visit these sites again to reinstate your preferences if you delete your cookies. Finally, make sure to regularly check our list of third party cookies which offers specific opt-out instructions.
Opt-Out. You can prevent the collection of data through the cookie concerning your use of the Products (incl. your IP address) as well as its processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Anonymize IP. The Products use Google Analytics in conjunction with the option “_anonymizeIP()”. This means, IP addresses are processed in a shortened form in order to prevent transmission of any personal data. Any connection with a specific person is therefore precluded and personal data is immediately deleted.
Purpose. We use Google Analytics to analyze and constantly improve the use of our Products. Through the statistics we are able to improve our services and make them more interesting for users. In those special cases, in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google is certified via EU-US privacy shield. The basis for the processing of Data are our legitimate interests.