Who we are: Roots Health GmbH, Kopernikusgasse 8/20, 1060 Wien (“Roots Health”) operates an online platform (“Platform”) and mobile apps (“Apps” and together with the Platform, the “Roots Health Products”) aiming to provide scientific self-care for everyone. Roots Health offers one App apart from and in connection with the services on the platform as well as third-party biosensors.
Registration: In order to be able to use the complete spectrum of Roots Health Products, a one-time registration is required (see Section 4, below). However, certain content (e.g. information regarding health, nutrition, and the service offering), including general descriptions of Roots Health, can be viewed without registration.
Disclaimer: Your health is very important to us. ALWAYS consult your doctor about your self-care behavior. Roots Health neither substitutes your doctor, nor is Roots Health responsible for your behavior. The contents of the Roots Health Products, regardless of whether they are provided by Roots Health, its partners or users, are not meant to supplement, let alone replace, the information provided by doctors or pharmacies. By accepting these T&C, you confirm that you are solely responsible for your health.
VALIDITY OF THE T&C
Validity: Hello Inside offers the Hello Inside Products on the basis of these T&C. The user consents to the validity of these T&C and any agreements incorporated therein by reference either by (i) using the Hello Inside Products, in case they are available without registration, or (ii) registration, in case they require an account. These T&C shall be valid until canceled in the currently valid version as of August 1, 2021.
Prerequisite: Neither the registration nor the use of the complete spectrum of Hello Inside Products shall be possible without consent to these T&C.
Extent: These T&C shall apply to all points of access, including (sub-)domains and mobile applications, for Hello Inside Products. In particular, the Hello Inside online offering will be accessible via helloinside.com.
SUBJECT OF THE AGREEMENT
Currently, Hello Inside essentially offers its users the following features and information in several languages:
- Personal profile page, including personal details;
- News regarding Hello Inside in short form;
- Mobile Health & Fitness App
- Content, e.g. texts, pictures and videos, regarding nutrition, health and sleep, that is presented by Hello Inside and professional third parties (sports coaches, trainers,…);
- Status messages;
- A blog presenting company information, products and news regarding health and nutrition in long-form; and
- Other content, such as
- About us: Short description of Hello Inside;
- Company offers: Offers of Hello Inside addressed to companies;
- Advertising by Hello Inside and/or third parties;
- Support for users;
- Press & Media Center;
- Jobs; and
- Legal information
- Applications for Apple iPhones, Android phones, and other smartphones and other devices on a global scale, that can be used both isolated on the smartphone as well as in connection with the Platform.
- The user hereby confirms the user’s knowledge that as a result of the transmission of data from the smartphone to the Platform, certain costs of the mobile carrier will be incurred that have to be borne by the user.
- The mobile applications are only available to users of smartphones and other devices. Only the basic functionality of the mobile applications is available for free.
- Additional terms and conditions on the part of the mobile phone providers apply.
Free Membership: The Hello Inside Products require a one-time, free registration. The minimum age for registration is determined by country. The list of age limits can be seen in full here. The “Free Membership” (basic) makes only basic options and features in the Apps available to users (“Free Features”). Hello Inside offers users three ways of registering:
- Via the registration form provided on the Platform;
- Via one of the Apps: For purposes of registration, the user shall provide the details requested by the registration form, e.g., first name, last name, date of birth, completely and correctly, unless such details are marked as voluntary. Registration is only possible by using the user’s civil name, i.e., the use of fantasy names or pseudonyms is not possible; or
- Via adoption by Hello Inside of registration details provided by the user in the networks Apple, Facebook or Google: Registration via Apple Sign-In Connect, via Facebook Connect or via Google Sign-In requires the user to confirm that the selected details, which the user previously provided on Apple, Facebook or Google, shall be adopted by the Hello Inside network. The user can subsequently add to or reduce such details in such user’s profile on the Platform;
- A Hello Inside Premium Service for “Premium Members” (“Premium Membership”), with all options and features, is also available against payment of a certain price. With this Premium Membership additional options and features (“Premium Features”) that are not available to Free Members, are unlocked. Hello Inside may offer Apps with or without Premium features being available for that specific App.
- Specific Premium Member Terms & Conditions as set forth in Section 6 apply to the Premium Membership. Unless otherwise specified in the T&C or Section 6, all other provisions of these T&C also apply to the Premium Members.
- By registering as a Premium Member, you confirm that you meet the age requirements stated in the applicable law (more information to be found here ) and are thereby legally entitled to enter into contracts. If the aforementioned representation is not true, Hello Inside is not bound by these Premium Conditions.
Minors: Only persons legally capable to enter into agreements on their own behalf shall be permitted to register with Hello Inside.
Consequences of Registration
By registering, the user confirms his/her knowledge and the unlimited recognition of the content of these T&C as well as that all registration data is true, accurate, current, and complete, and he/she will keep all registration information up to date.
Each user shall register with Hello Inside once only, and confirms with his/her registration that he/she has not registered an account with Hello Inside before and has not deleted a previously activated user account.
Following successful registration, the user (then the “Registered User”) can log on to the Platform by either (i) entering his/her email address and the chosen password, or (ii) accomplishing the login via Apple Sign-In, Facebook Connect or Google Sign-In.
Rights of Hello Inside
Hello Inside reserves the right to reject users without giving reasons. In this event, any transmitted details will be deleted promptly.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Hello Inside has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Hello Inside has the right to suspend or terminate your account immediately and without prior notice and to refuse any and all current or future use of the Premium Services (or any portion thereof), without the Registered User being entitled to a refund of any previously paid amount.
In any event, Hello Inside reserves the right to contact you at any time to verify your registration data.
User Identity: Hello Inside is not responsible for the actual identity of the user, since personal identification via the internet is possible only to a limited extent. Each user shall itself confirm the identity of other users prior to entering into any form of interaction with such users, e.g., adding as a friend or by writing messages.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL USERS
You must protect your account from unauthorized and fraudulent use. Please notify us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or, for Premium Members, email@example.com, of any unauthorized or fraudulent use of your account, or if you suspect that your account may be at risk.
Hello Inside will not refund any amounts paid by you to Hello Inside before you report unauthorized or fraudulent use of your account.
Hello Inside has the right to close or cancel the account of any Registered User in the event of any unauthorized or fraudulent use of the account.
Promotions and Free Offers: Hello Inside may run promotions and free offers, which may be subject to additional terms or restrictions. These promotions and offers may not be transferred between users.
Changes to the Apps. Hello Inside reserves the right to change options or features – including Premium Features – in the Apps. In most cases Hello Inside makes changes to the Apps to enhance or improve them. Insofar as the changes will not have a material adverse effect on your use of the App, Hello Inside will not refund previously paid amounts, unless otherwise provided for in Section 9.
SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PREMIUM MEMBERS
Subscription Requirement: In order to use the Hello Inside Premium Service for Premium Members, you must (i) be a Registered User, and (ii) pay the stipulated price, including applicable VAT, if any, and any other fees or amounts associated with the Premium Services, by credit card, via AppStores, or any other form of payment accepted by Hello Inside (the “Subscription”).
Types and Prices of Subscriptions: Hello Inside offers different Subscription periods so that you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs. The different Subscription types and applicable prices are available for viewing here: www.helloinside.com/premium-membership or in the App Stores. All prices are subject to change at Hello Inside´s discretion at any time. Any price changes will be announced on the Platform or in the App Stores.
Payment is made in advance for each subscription period. In other words, you can select the subscription period that best satisfies your needs to access the Premium Services. Once you signed up and paid for the Subscription, the selected validity period will be associated with your account.
Payments for the entire term of your Premium Membership shall be due immediately upon invoicing. Payment can be made using different online payment systems. If Hello Inside is unable to collect any fees from an account designated by the user due to lack of funds, the user shall bear all costs arising therefrom, including bank charges related to any debit entries or similar charges. Hello Inside may deliver invoices and payment reminders to the user by email.
Automatic Renewal: When your Subscription period expires, your credit card will be charged automatically with the standard subscription price which was valid at the time of Subscription, i.e., special offer prices do not apply in this case, and your Subscription will be renewed for the same period of time unless you cancel your Subscription, at least prior to the expiration of your current Subscription. The standard subscription price can be viewed on the Platform and in the App Stores.
Cancellation: You may cancel your Subscription to Hello Inside Premium Service for Premium Members at any time by initiating the cancellation on the Platform or via the App Store. Unless otherwise provided for in Section 8, Hello Inside will not refund previously paid amounts.
Expiration: Subject to Section 6.4, for lack of a user’s cancellation of such user’s Subscription, each Subscription period ends only upon expiration of the agreed-upon time period, and regardless of the user’s actual use of the Hello Inside Premium Service for Premium Members during such period. Each user can check the length of the current Subscription period by viewing such user’s account information.
Contact: Please contact us for any questions you might have or to report any violations of the Premium Conditions in this Section 6 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application of Other Rules. Unless otherwise specified in this Section 6, all other provisions of these General T&C apply also to the Premium Members.
Discontinuation of Apps: Hello Inside reserves the right to discontinue one or more Apps. All users shall be given notice of the discontinuation of the App. After this notification, Premium Members shall be able to use the App for the duration of their current subscription period. Please note that during this period the two following limitations apply:
- It may not be possible to download the App on another device.
- Hello Inside will not update the App during this period. This means that if the operating system of your device is updated or if other relevant third party technical services change during this period, it may not be possible to use the App any longer. Hello Inside assumes no liability for this.
If you have purchased your Premium Membership through an App that will be discontinued, your Subscription will not be automatically renewed and will expire at the end of your current Subscription.
Notice: Hello Inside may give notice as mentioned under Section 7.1 by informing you either by email or through communication within the Hello Inside Products.
General: Each user shall have the right to terminate the use of Hello Inside products at any time via his/her account settings. Such termination shall be confirmed to the user.
Hello Inside´s Termination Right: Additionally, Hello Inside reserves the right to terminate a user’s membership for important reasons, such as due to gross breaches of the user’s obligations as set forth in these T&C and ancillary agreements.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION RIGHT FOR CONSUMERS
Application of Consumer Laws: If you are a Registered User, using the Hello Inside Products for a purpose that is not related to either your commercial or professional freelance activity, the following provisions apply to you as a consumer within the meaning of Section 1 of the Austrian Consumer Protection Act (Konsumentenschutzgesetz; KSchG):
Right of Withdrawal from Contract. You may cancel your agreement with Hello Inside in writing, e.g., by letter or email, within 14 days of the date on which the agreement was entered into without stating any reasons. You can cancel the agreement by sending your notification to:
Roots Health GmbH
Kopernikusgasse 8/20, 1060 Wien
Consequences of Cancellation: In the event of cancellation, any benefits received by one party from the other must be returned, and any economic advantages gained must be repaid. If you are not able to return the services rendered to Hello Inside in full or in part, you are obligated to reimburse Hello Inside for the value lost – in relation to the time of use of the rendered services. This may mean that you are required to fulfill your payment obligations proportionally until cancellation has become effective. Obligations to reimburse costs must be fulfilled within 30 days. For you, this period begins when you send your contract termination, for us when we receive it.
USER OBLIGATIONS AND CONDUCT
User Obligations: Each user of the Hello Inside Products must
- truthfully provide, and keep current and complete, his/her registration details, and must not pass on such details to third parties;
- only save, publish, transmit and distribute such content, e.g., photos, pictures, text, representations or videos, if the user is authorized to pass on such content, i.e., (i) if the user has the exclusive right to use such content or, (ii) in the event that the user is not the owner of such rights with respect to content provided by it, if the user guarantees to Hello Inside that all required rights, licenses, permits etc. have been validly obtained. This shall also apply to content subject to intellectual property rights, such as trade names and trademarks. The user shall be exclusively responsible for such content;
- not save, publish, transmit or distribute any content that is racist, insulting, discriminating, denunciating, sexual, glorifies violence or is otherwise illegal;
- not to send chain letters or messages to more than one recipient at any one time, i.e., the user must not send mass emails or spam;
- not carry out any disrupting interferences in the Hello Inside network, including the Hello Inside Products, by use of technical or electronic aids, such as hacking attempts, brute force attacks, planting of viruses/worms/trojans and other disrupting attempts regarding Hello Inside´s software or hardware;
- not copy, distribute, transmit or collect by use of technical aids, e.g., by crawlers or bots, accessible details without the consent of the respective owner;
- provide prompt notice via email to email@example.com of any detected breaches of the aforementioned obligations;
- diligently care for the personal details and only allow such persons access to their own details that are close to the user; and
- regularly save important personal details externally, e.g., on an external storage medium, hard drive or in the cloud. Hello Inside shall not be responsible for any lost or impaired details.
BREACH OF USER OBLIGATIONS
Sanctions: In order to ensure the proper and reliable provision of Hello Inside Products, Hello Inside imposes the following sanctions upon breach obligations by a user:
- deletion of content;
- temporary deactivation of user account; and
- cancellation (irrevocable deactivation).
The type of sanction shall depend on the purpose, impact, and type of the breach in light of Hello Inside´s and the user’s interests.
Cancellation: In the event a user account shall be canceled in accordance with this Section 12, the respective user shall not be permitted to register again.
General: Hello Inside permits its Registered Users to use the offered portfolio of Hello Inside Products in accordance with statutory law and these T&C, in order to upload, save, publish, distribute, transmit, and share content with other users.
Disclosure: Hello Inside shall have the right to save content or disclose such content to third parties, to the extent this is required by law, or legally permissible and reasonably necessary, in order to
- comply with statutory law, or court or administrative orders;
- ensure compliance with these T&C;
- react to claims of breaches of law raised by third parties; or
- safeguard the rights, property or personal safety of Hello Inside, its users and the general public.
Use of Content: The user grants Hello Inside the irrevocable, free, non-exclusive and unlimited right to use all content generated, transmitted, saved and published by such user. Accordingly, Hello Inside shall have the right to use, irrespective of the type of usage, all content both as part of the Platform and any other activity of Hello Inside or any company affiliated with Hello Inside. This shall include the right to change and edit such content, unless such changes or edits impair material interests of the user. In this connection, the user waives, to the extent legally permissible, all intellectual property rights. However, to the extent feasible, in the event that Hello Inside uses content created by a user outside the Hello Inside Products, Hello Inside shall note that such content was created by the user.
Ownership: Hello Inside does not claim ownership of any content created by users and will not supervise such content.
Deletion: Hello Inside reserves the right to delete content created by users, such as routes, photos, events or comments without giving reasons. In this event, the user shall be notified and, in the event of a breach of these T&C, may be sanctioned in accordance with Section 12.
Inaccurate Content: Hello Inside shall not be responsible for inaccurate content created by users, e.g., details regarding routes or events etc.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
Limitation: Hello Inside does not claim or warrant that
- the Hello Inside Products will be available at all times, or that they and the necessary hardware and software will be completely free from errors; and
- the transmission of data via other systems, in particular, the internet and telecommunication networks, is not tracked, recorded or distorted by third parties.
Own Risk: The user uses the Hello Inside Products exclusively at his/her own risk. This applies, without limitation, to
- the related use of any hardware, including, but not limited to, (i) the application of any Continuous Glucose Monitor, e.g., short-term bleeding, eventual bruises due to misapplication, etc. and (ii) safety patches to fixate the Continuous Glucose Monitor; downloading of the user’s own and third party content; and
- any use by the user of data created or provided by Hello Inside, including, but not limited to (i) glucose metric details, or (ii) recommendations for actions, e.g., diet plans or experiments etc. The user explicitly acknowledges that any such data or content may contain errors, and Hello Inside does not, to the extent permitted by law, assume any responsibility for the correctness of such data.
Medical Advice: The use of any software or hardware offered by Hello Inside is no substitute for the consultation by the user of a specialized doctor.
External Content: Additionally, Hello Inside does not make any representations or warranties with respect to external links, banners or other information and marketing offers that may be made accessible to the user. Any contractual arrangements entered into between the user and a third party provider, e.g., via linked websites or banners, result in a contractual relationship between such user and the third party provider only. Hello Inside does not make any representations or warranties with respect to products or services of third party providers.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
General: Hello Inside shall be liable as currently provided by law, regardless of the statutory basis of such liability (precontractual, contractual, tort) only if Hello Inside has caused a certain damage willfully or with gross negligence. In the event of slight negligence, Hello Inside shall not be liable to other businesses and shall be liable to consumers only for personal damages. Hello Inside shall not be liable to businesses for follow-on damages, mere pecuniary losses, lost profits, or damages resulting from claims of third parties.
Content: Unless required by statutory law, neither Hello Inside nor any of its business affiliates shall be liable for damages resulting from the use of content made accessible through the use of the online platform or other forms of use of the Hello Inside Products. This also applies to damages resulting from errors, problems, viruses or loss of data.
Downloads: Hello Inside assumes no liability for downloaded material or material obtained as a consequence of using the Hello Inside Products. The Registered User is solely responsible for any damages caused by such materials to his computer or smartphone system or for information that is lost as a consequence of downloading materials from any of the Hello Inside Products.
Conflicts: The Registered User is exclusively liable for any claims of lawsuits of any kind in any way derived from or related to conflicts with other users. The Registered User acknowledges and accepts that Hello Inside will not, under any circumstances, be liable for the acts and omissions of other users, including the damages associated with such acts or omissions.
INDEMNIFICATION BY USERS
Indemnification: The user shall indemnify Hello Inside for all claims raised by third parties as a result of an infringement of their rights by the user in connection with content uploaded to or any of the Hello Inside Products by such user or as a result of any other usage by such user of applications available from Hello Inside. The user shall bear the costs of any legal proceedings, in which Hello Inside may be involved in connection with such claims, including all court costs and attorney’s fees to the extent permitted by law, unless the user was not at fault in causing such infringement.
Support: In the event that a claim is brought by a third party, the user shall promptly, truthfully and completely make available to Hello Inside all information available to such user that may be necessary to verify such claim and defend against it. Any additional claims for damages that Hello Inside may be entitled to bring against the user shall not be affected.
CHANGES TO THE T&C
General: Hello Inside reserves the right to amend these T&C from time to time for a number of reasons including, without limitation, for commercial reasons, to comply with applicable law or regulations, or for customer service reasons. At any time, the then-current version of these T&C is available for viewing on the Platform as well as in the apps.
Changes: In case of minor changes to these T&C (if, for example, there is a change in the law that means we need to change these T&C), we may simply make the new T&C available for viewing on the Platform and in the Apps. Please check these T&C regularly to ensure that you understand the up-to-date terms. For any significant changes to these T&C that will materially adversely impact you, Hello Inside will either obtain your specific consent to the changes through communication in the Hello Inside Products, or Hello Inside will inform you of any changes at least two weeks prior to the effective date of the changes via email to the address provided during Registration (“Amendment Information”). From receiving the Amendment Information, you will have an objection period of two weeks.
The Amendment Information will entail (i) the updated T&C, (ii) the effective date of the changes, (iii) a two-week objection period, (iv) information on the consequences of omitting an objection.
If you do not object to the changes, the updated T&C will be deemed accepted.
In the event that you object to the changes, Hello Inside is entitled to terminate the user contract and delete your user account, under consideration of your interests if continuing the contractual relationship under the scope of the current terms and conditions is not possible or unreasonable for Hello Inside.
Written Form: Subject to Sections 17.1 to 17.2, any changes to these T&C must be made in writing. No ancillary oral arrangements exist.
Severability Clause: In the event that individual provisions of these T&C shall be or become invalid, all other terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
These T&C and all contractual relations and litigation between the users and Hello Inside shall be governed by Austrian law, excluding the conflict of law-provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. This paragraph 18.2.1. is not relevant for any users that are consumers within the meaning of the Austrian Consumer Protection Act (Konsumentenschutzgesetz, KSchG).
Place of delivery and exclusive court of jurisdiction shall be Vienna, Austria. This paragraph 18.2.2. is not relevant for any users that are consumers within the meaning of the KSchG.
Last updated: July 8, 2021